ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Internal Auditor Training is for anyone that wants to gain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of both ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and wants to learn how to be part of the audit team that conducts an Internal Audit.
Why Comply Guru?
- Highly Interactive, Engaging Experience
- Industry-leading Blended Methodology
- Designed & Delivered by Experts with Proven Expertise
- Less Fixed Classroom Time
- Learn Online from Home or Work
Key Course Information
What you need to know?
Our Blended Learning Methodology requires Learners to first complete highly interactive eLearning modules on the underlying knowledge & theory before attending skills-based Workshops with an Instructor that focus on practical application in a real life context.
On completion of this training, successful Learners will have the knowledge needed to:
- Explain the purpose of an environmental, health & safety management system, of management systems standards, and the business and societal benefits of improved performance given by an effectively implemented EH&S management system
- With reference to the PDCA cycle, explain the process-based EH&S Model for ISO 14001/ISO 45001 and the role of an internal auditor in the maintenance and improvement of Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow up an internal audit in accordance with ISO 19011
A summary of modules within this course include:
- Purpose, Benefits & Structure of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Key Terms & Definitions
- Documentation Requirements under ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- Process-based Management Systems
- Risk Based Thinking (RBT)
- Management Commitment
- Audit Terminology
- Principles of Auditing
- Audit Life Cycle
- Audit Scope, Objectives & Criteria
- Audit Initiation & Preparation
- The Audit Plan
- Conducting an Internal Audit
- Generating Audit Findings
- Audit Documentation & Reporting
Before completing this course, each Learner should have the following prior knowledge:
- It is recommended that anyone wishing to attend this course has some work-based experience in Environmental, Health & Safety Management (based on ISO 14001 & ISO 45001)
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and the commonly used terms associated with each standard is a key pre-requisite in attending this course.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 may be gained by completing a relevant Foundation training course or equivalent
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
Fluency in spoken and written English
- For participants whose first language is not English, we recommend a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of the program. This is not assessed by Comply Guru in advance & each participant must self-assess their competency.
Copy of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 (International Standards)
- It is recommended that each Learner should have a copy of ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018 (International Standards) to reference while completing this course. This is not provided by Comply Guru and without it, this course will be challenging to complete successfully.
In order to successfully complete this course, each Learner will need to:
- Complete the eLearning modules and obtain 70% or higher in the final assessment to be eligible to attend the live workshops
- Maintain 100% attendance & achieve 70% or higher in the continuous assessments during the live workshops
Successful completion will entitle each Learner to receive a digital Certificate of Completion.
There are recommended requirements for each Learner in wishing to complete any of our eLearning modules. In our experience, Workplace IT environments’ internal configurations and available software can vary (new or old), and there may be various limitations or other restrictions in place, and as such, the functionality of any Learning Management System (LMS) may be impacted, restricted and may not perform well. Read the full technology requirements here.
Gain an Internationally Accredited ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Internal Auditor Certification
Advance your knowledge and enjoy more convenience & flexibility with blended learning.